Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Now, Let's See Some Socks!

I thought I submitted a nicely written post about my 13 socks (6.5 pair) from the last 2.5 months, and then ... the computer/Internet gremlins ate the post. ARGH! I will try to rewrite my incredibly witty post, but I fear I may not reach the heights I achieved with the first post. (LOL!)

As you know, I've traveled by many planes, trains, and automobiles during the last 2.5 months. With such time at my disposal, I gleefully have knitted many socks. I failed to take pictures of each sock, however I have a few pictures to share.

I have a favorite pair of socks now. I love, love, love the STR-Lightweight Rose Quartz (http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com) yarn I used for the Child's First Shock in Shell Pattern (http://www.interweave.com/knit/books/Vintage_Socks/). (2 socks total = 1 pair) Though I knit these socks for my mom for Mother's Day, I did not want to release them from my grasp. Thankfully, in my stash lies a second skein of Rose Quartz............



I knit another pair of STR socks for my friend Val. For her birthday in April, she asked for the STR-Lightweight in Mudslide knit in Jeanie Townsend's Cascading Leaves pattern. (4 socks total = 2 pair) I loved the pattern, and I will make another pair using it. The Mudslide was not my favorite colorway. Hey, they'll look good with Val's Danskos though!





Thanks to EvaLux16 (http://evalux16.blogspot.com/), I own(ed) as skein of the infamous 1776 yarn from Fortissima Socka. I knit a pair of teensy socks for my 3-month old neice, but I failed to take a picture. (6 socks total = 3 pair) After seeing those cool socks, the Diva asked for some of her own. (8 socks total = 4 pair) Here they are:



This morning I finished my Fishermen's Socks designed by Moni for the Sockamaniac Sockalong (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sockamaniac_sockalong/). Thanks, Moni , for a great design! I knit these in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Mint colorway on Addi Turbo Size 2.5 mm circulars. (10 socks total = 5 pair) Beautiful!



While in Europe, I knit a pair of Feather and Fan Socks for DD using an adaptation of the pattern for the Sockamaniac Sockalong (see above). (12 socks total = 6 pair) I loved the pattern, but I'm worried about the socks. They are showing wear already. Maybe I should have used smaller needles with the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Happy Valley. Instead of Addi Turbos in 2.5 mm, next time I'll try them in 2.0 mm.



Now, that 13th sock... I knit a great 13th sock as the first of the Cedar Creek Sock pair from the Rockin' Sock Club (http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com and http://sockclubkal.bradandkris.com). Unfortunately, I forgot to take my notes with me to Oregon when I knit away on the 14th sock. Well, er, I knit the heel flap way too long, so now the pair sits on top of my stash. (13 socks total = 6.5 pair) I'll rip that 14th sock next week. Really, I will.

Finally, I joined the Summer of Stash (http://soskal.blogspot.com/), and I promptly learned that my DGM, who is turning 80 in July, wants me to knit her a pair of lace socks in BLACK so that she can wear them under her choir robe at church (where they keep the air conditioning going at full blast). I don't own black wool! My stash has Charcoal in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport and Dark Navy in Regia. Dagnabbit! I've got to use an exception for my Summer of Stash pledge!! The Witty One says it's OK since that's all I'm purchasing. Whew!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love your socks!! I wish I was as prolific in sock knitting as you are. I still have to start those Cedar Creek socks. I got some of that 1776 yarn last week, before I knew about the SoS. YEAH!! I am ripping that end section from my shawl either tonight or tomorrow while the kids are at their piano lesson. I've never put in a life line, so this will be a new lesson for me. Take care!!