Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Bit More Yarny Goodness


I dug through the drawers and knitting stash to find some of the items I have knit in the last 8 months. Unfortunately, I don't have photos of at least 3 pair of socks that I gave to family and friends. (I'll ask the recipients for photos...)


In September 2006, I saw Cat on Knitty Gritty, and I was inspired to knit her Möbius-shaped scarf. Though I knit the scarf for myself, the Diva has asked me to share it with her (and so it begins...). It does look quite lovely as a head scarf for the Diva. It is a lovely pattern and a quick knit. Best of all, the cashmere yarn is luscious!

Pattern: Möbius Cowl
Designer: Cat Bordhi
Yarn: Hand Maiden 4 Ply Cashmere in Paris






Here is the Diva modeling her Mermaid Mittens that I completed in February or March.

Pattern: Mitten formula
Designer: Ann Budd
Source: The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Soft Rock in Mermaid
Needles: 2 Addi Turbo Circulars in 2.5 mm (US 1)

I really like this colorway. It has a lovely sheen to it that isn't visible in the photo. I haven't seen this colorway listed on the BMFA site. Does Tina still dye it? I need to find out because I'd love to knit a matching hat and scarf for the Diva.

Though I made a resolution to knit only from my stash in 2007, I promptly broke that commitment during our trip to Los Gatos, California, in mid-January. Naturally, I had to pop into Yarndogs while we were there, and I found Wildfoote yarn! I was able to convince the Witty One that I needed some of this lovely yarn to knit HIM a second pair of socks. He agreed (Did he really have a choice?), so now he is the owner of a second pair of wool socks. I must say, though, that he has yet to wear them, and I finished them in early February!

Pattern: Garter Rib
Designer: Charlene Schurch
Source: Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Brown Sheep Company, Wildfoote in Tom Cat
Needles: 2 Addi Turbo Circulars in 2.0 mm (US 0)

I got a kick out of the Diva helping her daddy get into position for the photo shoot.

This will be all for today. Blogger (or my computer) is acting very lazy today, so I think I'll go see what the Diva is up to...

Cheers,
Deb in Atlanta


No comments: